I was looking for inspiration for a quick snack and came across these Cajun Potatoes. They are usually mayo based. However, I have used Greek yogurt as the sauce base and in my opinion they taste so good! The spicier it is, the better it tastes. These take less than 30 minutes to make and it is a great snack option for the days you want something different. Adjust the spices as you go along to see what tastes the best!
If you do try this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag us. Follow us on @kpfoodheaven for latest updates on our recipes and posts!
Total cook time: 25 minutes
Servings: 6 baby potatoes
- 6 baby potatoes (I boiled them in a pressure cooker with some water for about 3-4 minutes, but you can boil them in the microwave as well for 6-7 minutes or until just soft)
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt + 1 tbsp water (this thins the sauce) (you can use Mayonnaise as an alternative to this as well)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes (or more if you want it spicy)
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 tbsp oil to shallow fry potatoes (I used vegetable oil but you can use any neutral flavoured oil such as sunflower or olive oil)
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp water
- In a non-stick pan, heat 4-5 tbsp oil.
- Mash the boiled potato to a patty like shape using a spoon.
- Make a slurry using corn flour and 2 tbsp water.
- Dip the mashed potato on the corn flour slurry.
5. Fry the potatoes for about 6-8 minutes on medium flame on each side until golden and crispy.
6. In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt and water along with the garlic powder, onion powder, red chilli flakes, mild chilli powder, salt, ketchup, mixed herbs and ground black pepper.
7. Remove the potatoes from the pan and once cooled, pour the yogurt mixture on to the potatoes and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this!