What a better way to end 2020 than have the drink that made headlines for weeks during the year. It may not be trending right now, but doesn’t change how amazing it tastes! A year that turned out unexpected for everyone, yet we emerged stronger and more resilient than ever. We may not be celebrating as we would have planned, but yet we got to be grateful for good health and safety. For myself, I had planned an Indian wedding which didn’t happen because of the circumstances. Visiting family after over a year and sharing these little moments with them is what makes this new year most special to me!
If you do try this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag us. Follow us on @kpfoodheaven for latest updates on our recipes and posts!
Total cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp instant coffee (yes, it is absolutely essential that the coffee is instant! I used Nescafe Gold, but any instant coffee of your choice will do!)
- 3 tbsp sugar (you need the sweetness to enjoy it!)
- 600 ml milk (split into 3 glasses)
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- Ice cubes (optional)
- In a bowl, combine sugar, coffee, and hot water. Using a whisk (or electric whisk), vigorously whisk until mixture turns silky smooth and shiny. I whisked my mixture for about 6-8 minutes. Alternatively, you can use a blender and blend the mixture until it thickens.
- Divide the milk (with ice cubes) into 3 glasses and pour about 2 tbsp (or more if you want it stronger!) of the mixture on top of each glass.
- Enjoy chilled!
Hope you enjoy this!