This has been my go to salad for a quick and healthy snack or dinner when I want to eat a lot of vegetables. Broccoli and Cauliflower are great sources of fibre and vitamin B6 and a combination of the 2 in a delicious salad make 2 of 5 of your daily fruit and veg intake. I’ve plated my salad with lettuce, cous cous, avocado, feta cheese, sundried tomato and garlic sauce. Previously, I’ve also added tofu/paneer sautéed in some spices, sautéed mushrooms or spinach to make it a complete meal.
If you do try this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag us. Follow us on @kpfoodheaven for latest updates on our recipes and posts!
Total cook time: 1 hour
- 1 broccoli head (chopped and roasted)
- 1 cauliflower head (chopped and roasted) – I also use some of the leaves and chop it up but that’s entirely optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil for roasting
- ⅓ cucumber (chopped)
- 25gms roasted peanuts (crushed)
- ½ lemon/lime juice
- 4 tbsp chopped herbs (I had mint, coriander and basil at home but you can use parsley as well)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Red chilli flakes to taste
- Pre-heat the oven at 160 degrees Celsius
- Drizzle olive oil over the broccoli and cauliflower along with salt and pepper
- Roast the broccoli and cauliflower for about 45 minutes or until properly charred
- Add the chopped cucumber and peanuts in a bowl
4. To that ,add the roasted broccoli and cauliflower and chopped herbs
5. Squeeze in the lemon and add salt, pepper and chilli to taste and mix.
6. Enjoy on its own or with other accompaniments of your choice!
Hope you enjoy this.