I’ve always wanted to try to make Homemade Nutella without refined sugar and has the perfect nuttiness as the store bought one. I wouldn’t say my version is an exact replica of what you get in store but definitely tastes amazing (and I was pretty surprised at how good it tasted!) and I can have it guilt-free on top of my toast. What I liked most with my homemade version was that I could balance the sweetness from the dates and cocoa levels to my liking. Do try it, cos it’s delicious and very quick to make!
If you do try this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag us. Follow us on @kpfoodheaven for latest updates on our recipes and posts!
Total cook time: 20 mins
Servings: 1 small jar
- 100 gms hazelnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla essence/paste
- 4-5 mejdool dates (about 75 gms of de-seeded dates) – add more if you want it sweeter or dates are smaller (can adjust after tasting)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp (15 gms) cocoa powder
- 80 gms oat milk (or any other nut milk) – adjust the quantity depending on how spreadable you want
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Pre-heat the oven at 190 degrees Celsius
- Toast the hazelnuts for about 6-8 minutes until they are slightly brown and aromatic
- Let the hazelnuts cool down for a bit.
4. Then blend the toasted hazelnuts to a paste
5. Add the other ingredients including dates, coconut oil, pinch of salt, cocoa powder and oat milk to the hazelnut mixture
6. Blend until a smooth mixture is formed. You can taste and adjust the sweetness and thickness to your preference
7. Enjoy with toast or on its own! You can store this up to 4-5 days in an airtight container in the fridge
Hope you enjoy this.
2 Replies to “Homemade Nutella”
Absolutely love all your recipes! They are so innovative, delicious & yet so easy to make ❤️ your passion for creating yummy foods shows through the detailed step by step approach you use to explain & guide through each step of the recipe! Can’t wait to try this Nutella soon, specially with the oat milk you used! Much love, Srishti 💕
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you ❤️❤️❤️ means a lot ! Do try it and let me know how it turns out!