These jam biscuits have been one of my new favourites. I’ve only just blogged it but have made this a few times and they have been just as good every time! It is super quick and easy to make with ingredients likely sitting in your pantry. The recipe a combination of a basic biscuit containing flour, butter, sugar that is paired with a perfectly balanced jam. I always make extra jam to have with my toast and muesli so these quantities will have some leftovers but you can reduce the quantities to make less. It tastes even better when you get in-season strawberries/raspberries or any fruit flavoured jam that you like. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
If you do try this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag us. Follow us on @kpfoodheaven for latest updates on our recipes and posts!
Total cook time: 1 hour
Servings: 12 biscuits
For Strawberry Jam:
- 300 gms fresh strawberries (diced)
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar (about 30 gms)
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: You could also add orange zest for some tanginess and replace strawberry with any other in-season berries
- 75 gms whole wheat flour
- 75 gms plain flour
- 75 gms caster sugar
- 110 gms unsalted butter (cubed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 130 gms strawberry jam
- Pinch of salt
For Strawberry Jam
- In a non-stick pan, add the diced strawberries, cinnamon powder and sugar and let it melt on low heat.
- The strawberry should start boiling and releasing water. Increase the heat and let the mixture reduce to about half the quantity.
3. Once reduced, turn off the heat and add the vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix.
4. Let the jam cool while you make the biscuit base (below).
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree celcius.
- In a bowl, mix the plain flour, whole wheat flour, salt and sugar until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract, cubed butter and rub it with the flour until it combines to form a dough.
4. Divide the dough into 12 equal parts. I usually weigh it to divide them equally but you can choose how you want to do it.
5. Make a ball and flatten it between your palms to about half a cm thick and form a well in the centre. If there are any cracks, make sure to patch them up with your fingers.
6. Scoop 1-2 tsp of the strawberry jam (about 9-11 gms) into the well and place it on a lined baking tray.
7. Repeat until all the biscuits are made. I made mine in two batches but you can bake them in one batch.
8. Bake it 180 degree celcius for 13-15 minutes or until the edges lightly brown.
9. The biscuits will still be soft so do not move them until they have cooled down.
10. Enjoy with tea or on its own!
Hope you enjoy this!