Here’s my quick under 30 minutes soft chocolate cookies shared on my stories last night with the addition of chocolate chips. I have deliberately made a small portion as they get over in no time. Inspired from Pooja Dhingra’s lockdown recipe, this has become my to-go recipe for the occasional chocolate cravings and late night indulgence. It is so quick and easy to make and requires minimal ingredients. The key ingredients are sugar, cacao powder (or cocoa powder), clarified butter (or unsalted butter), whole wheat flour, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Chocolate chips are entirely optional.
If you do try this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag us. Follow us on @kpfoodheaven for latest updates on our recipes and posts!
Total cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 cookies
- 60 gms whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tbsp cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 40 gms caster sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 3 tbsp melted clarified butter (ghee) (or unsalted butter)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- 50 ml oat milk (or any milk of choice)
- Handful of chocolate chips (optional – you can choose from a choice of milk, dark or white chocolate chips)
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree celsius.
- In a deep bowl, whisk together the sugar and clarified butter until well combined.
- Sieve the cacao (or cocoa) powder, whole wheat flour, cinnamon powder and pinch of salt into the mixture and whisk until well combined.
4. Add 50 ml oat milk (or milk of choice).
5. Whisk again until a soft dough is formed.
6. Add the chocolate chips and mix using a spoon.
7. Divide into 6 equal portions and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. You can top it with some more chocolate chips if you wish to.
8. Bake at 180 degrees for about 15-18 minutes.
9. Enjoy with milk or on its own!
Hope you enjoy this!