I got inspiration to make these crisps watching an episode of Masterchef Australia (a place where I get a lot of my food inspiration from). Kale is such a nutrient dense vegetable. It is so low in calories, high in iron, loaded with fibre and antioxidants. This is perhaps the best way (so far until I experiment more) that I have started to enjoy kale and best of all… it is a non-fried snack! Who wouldn’t like to have that? In under 30 minutes, you can enjoy this baked and crispy leafy green.
If you do try this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag us. Follow us on @kpfoodheaven for latest updates on our recipes and posts!
Total cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: Enough to snack all day 😀
- 200 gms curly kale (washed and dried – see below)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt or 2 pinches to sprinkle over all the crisps
- Pre-heat the oven at 150 degree celsius.
- Prepare the kale by washing it and drying it thoroughly using a cloth to ensure you remove most of the water on the surface.
- Remove the leaves from the thick stems.
- Transfer the leaves on to a baking tray lined with parchment paper (I used two tray’s to spread it evenly).
- Drizzle olive oil over the dried kale.
- Using your hands rub the oil all over the kale so it is evenly coated all over.
- Sprinkle the salt, chilli flakes and ground black pepper.
8. Bake it in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the edges just start to brown but not burn (it’s a thin line!).
Hope you enjoy this!