A great to-go snack that is healthy, filling and minimal ingredients are required (although a slicer is a must to achieve the desired evenness). I tried these without a mandolin slicer previously and they just did not turn out the same. If you are someone who loves having crispy crisps, I would recommend buying a slicer. It is so easy to use and slicing takes only a few minutes.
If you do try this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag us. Follow us on @kpfoodheaven for latest updates on our recipes and posts!
Total cook time: 35 minutes
- 3 beetroots
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt (and more if required at the end to top)
- 2 tbsp oil
- Pre-heat the oven at 170 degrees.
- Slice the beetroot using a mandolin slicer to about 2-3mm in thickness. It is important that the beetroot is evenly sliced so it cooks at the same time.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the oil and salt and separate the stuck slices so they are all coated.
5. Transfer them to 2 lined baking trays individually placing the slices to minimise overlap.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes ensuring to flip the slices half way through.
7. Remove from the tray and let it cool down completely to turn crispy.
Hope you enjoy this!