A great post workout breakfast option to replenish your body and fill you up. Pancakes are usually made with refined flour and a treat to eat. However, this recipe is a great post workout snack with a quick and easy batter and high in protein. Here, I have used whey protein but you can substitute with a vegan protein of your choice as well. It is easy to make and fills you up so quickly. I’ve paired this with a quick and easy berry compote but you can also use bananas, maple syrup, fresh berries, cream and decide how healthy or not you want to make it. They are quick and easy to make and turned out so fluffy and soft!
If you do try this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag us. Follow us on @kpfoodheaven for latest updates on our recipes and posts!
Total cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: 5 pancakes
Ingredients for Pancake batter:
- You will need about 1 tsp of oil per pancake to cook it.
- If you do not have coconut sugar, use any sweetner of your choice.
- You can substitute oat milk with any other nut milk of choice.
For Berry Compote:
- 110 gms raspberries or blueberries
- 2 tsp sweetner of choice (sugar, coconut sugar, honey or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice (you can use fresh orange juice as well)
- Pinch of cinnamon powder (you can add other flavours of choice as well – nutmeg, ground ginger, vanilla extract, lemon or orange zest)
- Do not add too many flavours as it will mask the natural taste of the berries.
For Protein Pancake
- Measure all the ingredients and dry mix them.
- Add the oat milk and mix to form a slightly thick batter (not very thick, not very runny) ensuring no lumps are present.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once hot, add 2-3 ladle spoons of the batter and let it cook on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes. Holes should form on the top.
- Once the edges begin to brown, flip the pancake and cook the top for about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with fruits of choice, berry compote and honey/maple syrup.
For Berry Compote:
- Heat the berries of choice on medium to high heat in a pan.
- Add the desired spice, lemon juice, sugar and mix.
- Once it starts to boil, reduce to medium heat and let it cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes before serving.
Hope you enjoy this!
Payal & Kaustubh
One Reply to “Protein Pancakes with Berry Compote”