The days when I crave some Thai food, this is one of my favourites. This was my attempt to make this curry without using a ready-made curry paste as I have previously done.
If you do try this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag us. Follow us on @kpfoodheaven for latest updates on our recipes and posts!
Total cook time: 1 hour
For Curry Paste:
- Add water as required to the curry paste to achieve a thick consistency (see image at the bottom of the page.
- If you do not have the whole spices (cloves, peppercorns, cardamom and cumin seeds), add 1 tsp garam masala and an additional 1 tsp curry powder as an alternative.
- Cube all the vegetables and tofu roughly the same size.
- If you use ‘light’ canned coconut milk, you will need to use more in quantity.
- Blend all the ingredients for the curry paste in a blender adding water as required and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once hot, add the green chillies.
- Next, add the curry paste and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Once cooked, add the potatoes and carrots and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables soften with the lid on.
- Add water if required to prevent the paste from sticking to the pan.
- Add the broccoli and tofu and cook for a further 10 minutes with the lid on or until the broccoli is fully cooked .
- Finally, add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Serve hot with rice.
Hope you enjoy this!