A great accompaniment to any South Indian dishes!
If you do try this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag us. Follow us on @kpfoodheaven for latest updates on our recipes and posts!
Total cook time: 10 minutes
- You can use any other oil if coconut oil is not available.
- You can add more of the roasted split gram if you prefer a less coconut taste.
- Blend the coconut, green chilli, water, roasted split gram and salt.
- Adjust the water consistency as per desired thickness.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- In a pan, heat the coconut oil.
- Add the mustard seeds and curry leaves and cook until they begin to splutter.
- Pour the hot tempering on the coconut blend.
- This is best served chilled and can be kept in the fridge for 1-2 days once made.
Hope you enjoy this!