This is one of the easiest snacks I have made. I love to eat oats and this is my to-go snack whenever I get a chance to make it.
If you do try this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag us. Follow us on @kpfoodheaven for latest updates on our recipes and posts!
Total cook time: 40 minutes
- 90 gms jumbo oats or rolled oats
- 20 gms mixed seeds – white and black sesame seeds, flaxseed and pumpkin seeds
- 20 gms mixed raises – golden and black raisins
- 30 gms crushed nuts – hazelnuts, cashew nuts, almonds
- 10 gms goji berries (optional)
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Sweetener – 50 gms jaggery powder in 20 ml water (Alternative: 4-5 tbsp honey/maple syrup)
- You can substitute the nuts and seeds with whatever you like and have at home.
- I prefer to crush the nuts in a mortar and pestle but you can choose to leave them whole.
- You can also choose to add chocolate chips and/or dried coconut flakes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 150 degrees C.
- In a bowl, measure all the dry ingredients (apart from the sugar) and mix.
- If you are making a syrup, ensure it is cooled down before pouring it to the dry mix.
- Add the sugar syrup and mix well until combined. The mixture should be sticky. Adjust as per required sweetness.
- Line an oven tray with parchment paper.
- Spread the mixture on the lined tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Grill it for a further 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down. This is when it turns crispy.
- Serve with milk or snack on its own!
Hope you enjoy this!