This is one of the easiest snacks I have made. I love to eat oats and this is my to-go snack whenever I get a chance to make it. I usually make this in bulk and store it in an airtight jar and would last for about 2-3 weeks. This recipe contains a mix of nuts, dried fruits and no refined sugar. Instead, I’ve used jaggery syrup to sweeten it. It is best made with jumbo oats to keep the granola chunky. You can also use coconut sugar. I usually pair my granola with yogurt and strawberry jam for a wholesome and quick work day breakfast.
If you do try this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag us. Follow us on @kpfoodheaven for latest updates on our recipes and posts!
Total cook time: 40 minutes
- 180 gms jumbo oats
- 50 gms mixed seeds – I use a seed mix containing sunflower seeds, linseed, sesame and pumpkin seeds
- 40 gms mixed raises – mix of golden and black raisins
- 4-5 dried dates (optional if you have it at hand)
- 60 gms crushed nuts – I’ve mixed hazelnuts, cashew nuts, pecans, almonds
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Sweetener – 100 gms jaggery powder in 20 ml water (Coconut sugar would work in the same amount. Alternative: about 80 gms honey/maple syrup)
- You can substitute the nuts and seeds with whatever you like and have
- I prefer to crush the nuts in a mortar and pestle but you can choose to leave them whole
- You can also choose to add chocolate chips and/or dried coconut flakes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 150 degrees celcius
- Heat a pan, and roast the oats stirring continuously for about 4-5 minutes or until it turns fragrant
- Take off the heat and let it cool
- In another pot, heat the jaggery along with water until it dissolves stirring continuously
5. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (roasted oats, mixed seeds, crushed nuts, cacao powder, and cinnamon powder)
6. Add the coconut oil and jaggery syrup
7. Mix until well combined (it will be sticky)
8. Line an oven tray with parchment paper.
9. Spread the mixture on the lined tray and bake for 15-18 minutes
10. Leave it in the oven turned off for another 5-7 minutes
11. Remove from the oven and let it cool down. This is when it turns crispy
12. Serve with yogurt and jam or enjoy snack on its own!
Hope you enjoy this!
One Reply to “Homemade Granola”