A quick and easy lunch or dinner option for the days that you want something different.
If you do try this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag us. Follow us on @kpfoodheaven for latest updates on our recipes and posts!
Total cook time: 45 minutes
- 150 gms soba noodles (or any other noodles of choice)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds + extra for garnish
- 1 cup cabbage (sliced)
- 1 carrot (sliced thinly)
- ½ red/green pepper (sliced)
- ½ onion (sliced)
- 1 spring onion (chopped) + extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tsp honey (Vegan option: Maple/Agave syrup)
- 1 inch ginger (chopped)
- 4-5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Water to boil noodles
- 180 gms firm tofu (cut into chunks)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees.
- In a bowl, add the tofu along with the olive oil, salt, chilli powder, garlic powder, soya sauce and vinegar.
- Mix all the ingredients together and spread it on an oven tray.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-30 minutes until the tofu forms a crusty top.
- Add cooked tofu to the noodles as below.
- Blend the ginger, garlic, chilli along with honey, soya sauce and vinegar to form a thick paste (You can also use a mortar and pestle to crush the ginger, garlic, chilli and add the honey, soya sauce and vinegar to form the paste).
- In a pot, bring water to boil.
- Add the noodles to cook until soft (soba noodles usually take about 5-7 minutes).
- In another pan, heat the olive oil.
- Add the sesame seeds, spring onions, onions and cook until the onions become golden brown.
- Next, add the sliced cabbage, pepper and carrots and stir.
- Add the sauce paste along with salt.
- Cover with a lid and let the vegetables cook for 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add the oven baked tofu and stir.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain the water and let it run under cold water for a few seconds.
- Add the noodles to the above and mix.
- Cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat and garnish with sesame seeds and spring onions.
Hope you enjoy this!