A perfect treat for a cheat day with a balance of creaminess and sweetness to satisfy your sweet tooth. Mixing the traditional indian flavours of cardamom and rose, you cannot go wrong. If you have an ice cream maker, you could churn this and then freeze it. If not, you can freeze it but ensure that you break any icicles in the freezer but constantly mixing it.
If you do try this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag us. Follow us on @kpfoodheaven for latest updates on our recipes and posts!
Total cook time: 45 minutes (+ 6-8 hours freezing time)
For Ice Cream:
- 160 ml Double Cream
- 4 cardamom pods (finely ground)
- 2 tbsp rose water
- 100 gms condensed milk (adjust as per required sweetness)
- 2 tbsp dried rose petals
- 10 gms pistachios (roughly chopped)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp dried rose petals
- 3-4 saffron strands (optional)
- Pinch of crushed pistachios
- In a bowl, whisk together the double cream, cardamom powder and rose water until soft peaks form (this should form when you raise the whisk from the mixture).
- Add the condensed milk, dried rose petals and chopped pistachios and gently fold it in using a spatula.
- Fill it in a container or bowl and freeze for 6-8 hours.
- When ready to serve, top it with rose petals, saffron strands and crushed pistachios.
Hope you enjoy this!
One Reply to “Cardamom and Rose Ice Cream”
The colour and rose petals are looking so beautiful.
LikeLiked by 1 person